When are LCA Student Tasks completed?
Each LCA student must complete 7 Student Tasks in the following order;
Session 1 (September – Jan Year 1)
- General Education Task (originating in Arts Education, Leisure & Recreation, Languages or Social Education)
- Assessment date end of January.
Session 2 (February – June Year 1)
- Vocational Preparation Task (originating in either Vocational Preparation & Guidance or English & Communications)
- Vocational Education (Specialism) Task
- Originating in one Vocational Specialism
- Assessment of both tasks beginning May.
Year 1 Statement
- Recorded & developed through Year 1
- Year 1 Statement prepared, completed and stored in May.
Session 3 (September – January Year 2)
- Vocational Education (Specialism) Task (originating in the second Vocational Specialism)
- Contemporary Issue Task (Anchored in Social Education)
- Practical Achievement Task
- Generally out-of-school/centre
- External Verifier
- DES Logbook
- Assessment of 3 Tasks end of January
Session 4 (Feb to June Year 2)
- Year 1 Statement stored from Year 1
- Year 2 Statement prepared and completed in May
- Both statements forwarded to SEC in special envelope in May.